Friday, December 18, 2009

Ghosts of Christmas Past

There is so much stress around the holidays, I feel like a caricature of myself.

I started this blog because I want to share my psychic experiences, and those interesting ones of my clients. Along the way I want to channel, or become adept at automatic writing, or in some other way let a wiser spirit person, Teacher or Guide come in and kind of "take over," so that through me words of wisdom or comfort can come through.

I can't even meditate these days. I keep saying to myself, I'll start again when the holidays are over, but the truth is I really need to learn to do the things I want to do ESPECIALLY when there is stress. Anyone can work out when they're fresh; anyone can be unconditionally loving when no one is testing their patience.

I just re-read a great book called "Letters from the Afterlife," by Elsa Barker, written in 1914. It's a terrific read, and the author channels an acquaintance who passed away. It may be out of print now, or once was, but it's definitely worth reading. I loaned another book on automatic writing to a friend who is attempting automatic painting. I think she's doing all right.

So I'm going to take a moment, right here and now, to enter a quieter state of mind despite the pressure of the Christmas gifts I still have to buy. Just typing this now I feel a cottony pressure in my head, so maybe something really might happen. Here goes:

At once I felt a chill through my whole body. Then an increase in that cottony feeling, which I get when I'm sort of leaving the conscious installation of mental thoughts. My hands are pulsing (then the phone rang - why didn't I turn that off?). I'm typing with my eyes closed.

I see the shapes and motion I always do as I go into meditation, reading or mediumship. What is this exactly? Looks like one hand reaching and putting a ring on another hand; sometimes looks like two seatbelt ends coming together, sometimes like the first hand is passing the ring to the other. Today it went right to left. I'll have to pay attention to whether or not it always goes that way.

It's no use. I'm just too impatient today. I'm staring at this list of things I have to do. "Blog" was near the top, and I just feel pressure to cross it off and get to the other items. It's already 1:45! And most of my list is un-crossed-off! Arrrgh. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment