Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dinosaur Prediction Is Accurate!

A listener on my live Tuesday night radio show (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/APracticalPsychic) sent me an email a couple of days ago to let you me that she'd just seen an article about a new dinosaur species discovered in Utah. Here is the link to the article she referenced:

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/bizarre-new-dinosaur-species-found-in-utah/19644271?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C172219

Here's a short quote from the article, posted online September 22, 2010:

"The new species "would've both been quite spectacular," Michael Getty of the Utah Museum of Natural History, who spotted the first Utahceratops, told AOL News. And quite big: "The skulls alone can be in excess of 6 feet long, [among] the largest heads on any land animal that ever lived," he said.

"...Today these horned dinosaurs would quickly starve in their once-lush homeland. The bone yards that yielded the fossils lie in what is now the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, an isolated, rocky desert granted strict federal protection in 1996."


So what was correct about my predictions and this find? Let's see. I predicted:

"A new kind of dinosaur bone will be discovered, something large and carnivorous like a T-Rex but a different species. This will be found in a landscape like a high desert; it is sandy, wide-open, some shale-y or sandstone kind of rock, but not flat."

Well, for starters the general concept was on target. What was discovered was indeed a new kind of dinosaur, not just more bones of an already-catalogued species. So that's one check in the positive column. However, while it was indeed large, the Utahceratops was a plant eater. I got the size right, but the nature of the beast incorrect. When I was interpreting this impression I was noticing mostly the size of it, comparing it to something giant like T-Rex -- but I extrapolated to give it more in common with the carnivore and should have left my prediction with the size. Clearly I need to focus on more detail when I'm making predictions. What about the landscape? I just Googled this area of Utah for a description of the environment:

"...one of the most formidable chunks of intact wilderness left in the continental United States, the tortured topography of escarpments and high-desert canyon lands now known as the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument."

(excerpted from http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-65540682/high-dry-grand-staircase.html)

Those of you reading this who are practicing predictions keep this in mind:

Be careful to note when you may be extrapolating. Just because you get a T-Rex skull in your impression, don't automatically leap to further conclusions than are being offered. What I'm going to do next time is ask some questions regarding the impression, such as: "is it the size that I'm being shown?" and "is it carnivorous or vegetarian?" etc. Not of course that I'm going to be getting more dinosaur predictions, but with other impressions for October's predictions.

Thanks to Karen for sending this link to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment