Thursday, January 21, 2010

How I Plan To Begin

Because I believe psychic ability is a skill and not a gift, I'm going to chronicle the development of a new psychic tool so everyone can follow along with what I'm trying that's working, not working, etc.

I've enjoyed a several hours of inspired writing. My whole Live & Learn Guides series I believe was crafted through inspired writing. This differs from automatic writing in that I'm aware of what's coming THROUGH my mind and onto the paper (in this case, computer screen). Automatic writing happens when the person, or channel, absents herself from the process and a spirit, guide, Master or Teacher, actually moves the hand. Usually the channel has "blanked out," or felt like s/he fell asleep or into a deep trance, and has no awareness of what was written until the session is over. I've read accounts of automatic writing where one hand is writing something, the other hand writing something entirely different, and the person having a conversation with someone at the same time.

Channelling can be learned, and that's my goal and what I promise to chronicle as I develop this skill. I'm already a practicing psychic/medium, which skill was learned and developed through intention and practice.

So every morning in my meditation now I'm going to set the intention and sit with a pen and pad and see what happens. Eventually my goal is to sit down at this blog and channel whatever spirit has to offer.

Here's my process so far:

Step 1: Get into my meditation place and begin the mental and physical relaxation process

Step 2: Set the intention. I say, "Guides, Spirits, Angels, Ancestors, Spirit People, I desire to channel your guidance. Show me how to do that. Give me a feeling that I will recognize that is associated with your presence and the onset of automatic writing. Let me know with some physical sensation that the process is beginning."

Step 3: Wait, with the pen in my dominant hand, with the tip resting on the paper. Try, try, try to get out of the way. I do this with a visualization of making room in my arm for a good and higher power to slip in and start to move.

Step 4: When my arm started to move this morning, I wasn't sure if I was making it up, feeling anything special, doing inspired writing or what. But as I did when I developed my psychic abilities -- I just plowed ahead. No one has to see it (except you guys). I'm not telling anyone what I'm doing (except you guys). Jeez, they'd think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy. But I'm doing it anyway, and here's what happened...

I felt like my arm was spasming a little bit, jerking in a small way. I fought the urge to open my eyes. I felt words coming into my mind, popping in (even though my conscious mind was saying "you're not doing it right! You're supposed to feel tingling or numbness or something first!"). So decided to let the jerking happen and let what was in my mind spasm onto the paper. What follows is what I wrote, and what questions I asked:

What I found myself writing: "My name is Jeremiah"
"I died in a coffin box."

I asked in my head, What do you mean? Were you buried alive?

What I found myself writing: "I was laid in a coffin."

I felt in my mind that this meant as he was dying he was moved into his coffin. Then I had the thought of the year, and, honest to God, before I even HAD the thought completed --

I found myself writing: "1787. 26 years old."

Then again: "Havermeier."

I asked in my mind, are you a good spirit?

What I found myself writing: "All of us are good."

I started to form a new thought about his profession and before it was completed --

I found myself writing: "Doctor."

I started to form the question, will you help me? and

I found myself writing: Yes, I'll help you."

Then I abruptly opened my eyes and the session, or meditation, or whatever it was, was over. I quickly looked at what I'd scrawled which was just barely legible, and re-wrote it so I could share it here.

Today I meditated much later than I usually do. I'd done a healing session on a friend, and while doing it I became aware of a lot of spirit healers around us -- whether they were her guides or mine I don't know. There was an Incan/Mayan/Aztec-looking male (apologies to those distinct and amazing cultures: I couldn't tell which was his origin) who seemed to be an alchemist. There was a doctor with a syringe. There was another person looking in a microscope... Lots of traditional healing modalities represented by the spirit people. My friend enjoyed her session and was feeling very much better after she left.

It was after this session that I found time to meditate and to begin practicing my new skill. I asked to be taught, I declared my desire to learn (for God's glory, not mine) and tried my best to get out of the way. So I was interested to hear from a young departed Doctor.

Can't wait till tomorrow to practice again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment